Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pet Tribute

Its a little slow, and it seems like it might snow,
But i will have to leave the house,
I have to get on with my day.

I have tears streaming down my face,
As i make it to the door.
And its all because he made me do this alone.

He left me all alone in the house,
So he wouldn't have to watch me weep all morning.
He said he couldn't come along,
That he didn't want to be involved at all.

I head for the clinic along that dusty road,
Get inside and fill out the form.

I sit on the blue forms,
Holding my head so it doesn't fall off.

I imagine what they will do,
I even imagine what tools they might use.

Then she calls out my name,and i suddenly feel so ashamed,
For being so stupid,for believing what he had said.
He had promised to be there with me,
He had promised to hold my hand through it.

I walk into the back room,to where my cat is,
and i notice my hands tremble as she hands me her tag!

My cat is two, and she has cancer,
So the vet said that they had to put her down,
Because she was in so much pain she couldn't even swallow one morsel of food.

And he just couldn't come along with me.

1 comment:

G said...

I like this. Very cool!!