Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tribute to mom

My sister woke up to wash my mom's clothes,
The last ones she had on before all this,
They are on the lines drying,
I can see them from where am sitting
...pretending to watch tv.
My mind is wondering off to thoughts of her.
The last time i saw her alive,
And then that other time when she was pale.
She still looked normal to me.
Her skin was still warm.
And her hair the same shades of white and black they've been for a while since her hair stopped growing.
The only difference is that now she won't ever open her eyes.
She won't ever open her mouth.
To smirk or smile even if no words come out.
She will never raise a finger at me again.
Crack a joke that catches me off guard.
She will never walk around the house.
Or sleep in her own bed.
She won't be here when i graduate
even though i said i wouldnt anyway.
She will never see her grandkids again.
Spoil them rotten the way she always did.
Like give them a scoop of jam with a spoon.
Or patco sweets when she has some in her bag.
She won't be there to use that nice lotion she bought that the sales girl promised would keep wrinkles at bay.
No more chamas on wednesday and thursday too.

I will just never see my mom again.

No comments: